Notes from the Chief
- The bay doors and 441 and 470 received new lettering. A “Stratmoor Fire” brow was also added to the apparatus. The utility vehicles will be renumbered to 450 and 451 next week. The sign for the front of the station is scheduled to be installed next week as well. The weather has been an issue for the delay in the sign installation.
- Nancy Lee from the Stratmoor Hills Water/Sanitation FF Moscoso and Bosch witnessed and inspected the fire water flow test at 1026 Maxwell Street. There were no issues during the test. This test is to ensure there is proper water flow to the fire suppression system and no leaks on the newly installed water lines.
- Sunday evening, while snowing firefighters McDaniels and Medford found a lost dog. They were able to track down where the dog lived and took it back to the owners. The owners were grateful as they had been looking for their dog for four hours.
- Firefighter Grimes finished up his project of rebuilding the forcible entry door training prop. The prop was used by the fire academy this past weekend. The “new” prop is very durable, and we appreciate Grime’s hard work on this project.
On Thursday eight (8) volunteers made full membership status. They were sworn in and received their badges.
- It is important that we recognize our friends from the water department who always use their equipment to clear the snow from our driveway and parking lot. We sincerely appreciate them helping us out on every snow event.
Copies of this information are posted as Fire Chief’s Notes at —
Stratmoor Hills Fire Department
Stratmoor Hills Water Department
Stratmoor Hills Elementary School